Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Warning Message: air volume flow per cooling capacity out of range

Hi, Brendan.

I don't have a specific answer that solves your issue.

I don't know either what to do when you get this error message when your capacities and airflows have already been sized. I hope some of this additional information helps and I wish you the best:

Error Message:

"rated air volume flow rate, total cooling capacity and sensible heat ratio yields coil exiting air conditions above the saturation curve. Possible fixes are to reduce the rated total cooling capacity, increase the rated air volume flow rate, or reduce the rated sensible heat ratio for this coil. If autosizing, it is recommended that all three of these values be autosized."

Design Builder Help:

- HVAC Sizing : Compact

"Tip: If you are using the Manual sizing option together with Compact HVAC and wish to use different cooling sizes to those obtained from looking at the output of previous EnergyPlus autosizing calculations (e.g . from eplusout.eio) you will need to ensure that the maximum supply flow is changed accordingly. If you increase the maximum cooling capacity but don't increase the Maximum supply flow rate (or even leave it as Auto) you will get "Rated air volume flow rate per watt of rated total cooling capacity is out of range" errors in the EnergyPlus simulation because the cooling capacity requested cannot be achieved with the specified air flow rate. Also due to a quirk in EnergyPlus, the Auto Maximum supply flow rate option does not work well with Manual sizing option and automatically calculated Maximum supply flow rates do not account for the 'higher than autosized' cooling capacity requested."

You might want to check these related previous E+ Yahoo Entries:

Francisco Minoyetti: Sustainability Assistant - Energy Simulation: Bovis Lend Lease S.A.
T +5411 4893 2320 | F+ 5411 4893 2320 | M +54911 4190 1851 |
Maipú 1300 piso 16, Buenos Aires, C1006ACT

Francisco.minoyetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  www.bovislendlease.com
ü  Please kindly consider your environment before printing this e-mail

El presente correo electrónico y sus archivos adjuntos son confidenciales. Si Usted no fuere el destinatario original del presente correo por favor tenga a bien notificárnoslo respondiendo este e-mail a la dirección del remitente, y proceda inmediatamente a borrar toda copia de este mensaje. La copia o uso de la presente comunicación, o de la información que ésta contenga, se encuentra estrictamente prohibido. Muchas gracias.

This email and any attachments are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately delete all copies of this message. Copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you.