Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Design Day

The ddy file won't be empty -- it will at least have the location in it.

You can look at the stat file that is included with the zip -- if there was no ASHRAE location for your weather, then there will have been a statistical "guess" included in the stat file -- based on the weather data.

Or, you can look at a location near yours and tweak their design day conditions to more match yours.

In the macro data sets folder, there is a spreadsheet "locations-designdays" and it contains links to design day definitions for all the ASHRAE 2009 HOF sets.  (by WMO region).  You can download these and then use the guidelines that Jim provided for the IDF Editor.