RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: AirTerminal:SingleDuct:VAV:NoReheat

You need to have some sort plan for how you want to control the supply air temperature.

It sounds like you may want to select one single zone to use for control purposes and then use a Setpoint:Manager:SingleZoneReheat object to dynamically adjust the overall supply air setpoint depending on what that zone needs.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of vieira.jose99
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 9:02 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: AirTerminal:SingleDuct:VAV:NoReheat

Thank-you for your help. I have been trying all day now the AirTerminal:SingleDuct:Uncontrolled but still cannot set up it so room temperatures ar at minimum 20ºC maximum 25ºC. I have tried a few options on the setpoint manager and cannot get to the minimum temperture in winter.
Lets say a have a AHU, no zone reheat. The AHU must handel the loads, so room mean air temperature is 20ºC to 25ºC year-round.

I have tried using a controller for the heat and cool water coils, but have to define a "zone inlet node" temperature setpoint(or a splitter inlet node temperature setpoint), this is where I have problems, I want that node temperature to get automatically set depending on room temperature and its thermostat. But when using a controller for these coils i must set setpoint temperatures for them.

I have tried the system without the cool and heat water coil controllers, and run the simulation, but still cannot get 20/25ºC.

The system is mostly on "autosize" so there are no limitations to coil and fan capacities..

I have no internal gains setup. I am studing these option for my thesis in with i will have to simulate an AHU. Please can someone point me in the right direction? I am not seeing what is missing.

Thank-you all for helping

http://groups..yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

=======
http://www.pctools.com