Output:Variable,*,Zone/Sys Air Temperature at Thermostat,timestep;
Output:Variable,*,Zone/Sys Thermostat Heating Setpoint,timestep;

If the zone temperature never falls below the thermostat set point temperature then there really is no load and lighting, equipment, occupancy, etc inputs/schedules need to be checked. Usually these types of load will be turned off for the design days in winter to correctly size the heating system. If the zone temperature does fall below the zone thermostat temperature, then the zone sizing objects probably have bad inputs.

On 4/13/2011 10:43 PM, yusuf priyambodo wrote:

yes,,i have this problem too,,,but at all zone,,, please help

From: Dora Chi 纪曉君 <dochido@xxxxxxxxx>
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, April 14, 2011 9:22:28 AM
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Design heating load is zero

 I receive this warning for some of my zones:

  ** Warning ** Calculated design heating load for zone=1F19 OFFICE is zero.
   **   ~~~   ** Check Sizing:Zone and ZoneControl:Thermostat inputs.

I do not get the same warning for all the zones, and I cannot find the logic why certain zones get this message.  Please help, thanks!

--
Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years