[EnergyPlus_Support] Possible problem with transition-V5-0-0-to-V6-0-0 ? Or with the reference buildings?

Hello everybody,

I wanted to play a bit with the "Commercial Reference Buildings"
(http://www1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/commercial_initiative/reference_buildings.html),
but the available idf files are for EnergyPlus v5.

I converted them to v6 using the transition-V5-0-0-to-V6-0-0 tool that
comes in the bin folder of the default MacOS EnergyPlus installation. It
seemed to work ok:

alvaro$ /Applications/EnergyPlus-6-0-0/bin/transition-V5-0-0-to-V6-0-0
RefBldgLargeHotelPost1980_v1.3_5.0_5A_USA_IL_CHICAGO-OHARE.idf
  Transition Starting
  Transition 5.0 => 6.0
  Processing Old IDD -- V5-0-0-Energy+.idd
  Processing New IDD -- V6-0-0-Energy+.idd
  Will create new full IDFs
  Will create new IDF lines with units where applicable
  Will create new IDF lines leaving blank incoming fields as blank (no
default fill)
   Report Variable Name file=Report Variables 5-0-0-031 to 6-0-0.csv
   not found.
  Processing IDF --
RefBldgLargeHotelPost1980_v1.3_5.0_5A_USA_IL_CHICAGO-OHARE.idf

But when visualizing the resulting DXF file, there are some "gaps"
between the different stores of the building, as you can see in the
figure attached. Exactly the same happened to other big buildings, such
as the LargeOfficePost and the MidRiseAppartment, while for many others
the model was ok.

Would it be a problem with the "transition" tool? Or is it an error that
is already part of the original v5 model? I could verify this on my own,
but I couldn't find where to download previous versions of EnergyPlus.

Thanks in advance,
Álvaro.