To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: ooi_kb3@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 14:31:25 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: total gains.!

What variable do your -5 to 300W refer to? Before you sum Window Heat Gain/Loss, you should convert the Window Heat loss to negatives. Then verify that the sum of Window Heat Gain/Loss for all the windows in a zone is equal to the Zone Window Heat Gain/Loss.

For comparison, the units have to the same. The units of output variables for Energy and Gain/Loss rates are different. Happy comparing, ooi