Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Passive gains breakdown - which variables?

Marcus

General:
Window Heat Gain Energy
Window Heat Loss Energy

Diffuse you can start with Window Transmitted Diffuse Solar but it depends.

There are so many variables precisely to allow you to perform different analysis. It depends really on what you want to know. I understand how intimidating all these variables can be, but in the long term it is very rewarding to study the manuals.

Generally speaking if you are fine tuning the envelope I would use the variables starting with Window rather than Zone so you can check window by window.

But depending how you divide the zones of your building, its size and orientation,  Zone variables might work fine. Or make no difference: example one window per zone.

Transmitance you set in  materiala
Shadding the walls you can use shading building detailed.

Miguel Pacheco

Doutorando / Graduate Student
Laboratório de Eficiência Energética em Edificações - LabEEE
Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina - UFSC
http://www.labeee.ufsc.br

Contato/Contact:

Florianópolis: 55 48 3721 5184 / 55 48 3721 5185
São Paulo: 55 11 3091 2510
Celular: 55 48 88 43 91 65