Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: PTHP Cycling

For fan operating mode schedules;;cycling = 0, continuous = 1

On 7/22/2011 2:58 AM, Jean marais wrote:

To add to Richards comments, the operating mode schedule changes the fan mode from Continuous to Cycling. A cycling fan cycles on and off to meet the loads.

Make sure the fan is scheduled always on and think about a setback temperature for your thermostat during unoccupied times.

Then use the control mode schedule to change the control mode (0=continuous, 1=cycling...I think) of the fan. You could possibly reference the same schedule here as your occupancy schedule because eplus accepts zeros as zeros and nonzero fractions as 1, when it expects a 0/1 input.

This approach is the alternative to the nightmanager.