[EnergyPlus_Support] Modelling HVAC

Hi there,

I am from Cape Town, South Africa and am busy helping the local municipality with the energy modelling for a building they are busy constructing. They hope to get a 4 Star green rating from the local Green Building Council.

I have been using OpenStudio and have built the entire model and applied all the constructions and materials etc.. I have also added lighting and other electrical loads to all zones, which seems to be behaving. I still need to 'match surfaces' of adjacent zones but other than that the model is working pretty well. The thing I am currently working on is the HVAC system and I am struggling as I do not know much about HVAC systems at all.

It is not a very complicated system and I was wondering if there was someone out there who could help me model the system and get it up and running. From how I understand it, it consists of a single large A/C unit with a large AHU and a Heat Recovery Unit, which serves the main staff area of the building. There are then 3 smaller A/C units that serve seperate areas. I sat with the mechanical engineers and tried to model the main HVAC unit using HVACTemplate:System:UnitaryHeatPump:AirToAir but the results don't seem to be coming out as expected.

If there is anyone who would be able to and willing to help, that would be fantastic! I really need to wrap this model up in the next week or so, so that I can start writing up the necessary reports.

Kind regards

Stefan Wiswedel