From: YuanLu Li <yli006@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Linda Lawrie <energyplus_support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 8:54 PM
Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Program ceiling fan on the E+

You have let the attic area open.  That may be the reason why the roof insulation has no effect on the room below the ceiling.
=========================

ZoneVentilation:WindandStackOpenArea,
Ventilation toit, !- Name
Attic1, !- Zone Name
10, !- Opening Area {m2}
Ventilation toit, !- Opening Area Fraction Schedule Name
autocalculate, !- Opening Effectiveness {dimensionless}
, !- Effective Angle {deg}
0, !- Height Difference {m}
Your IDF was coded to simulate for WInter condition only.  There is no HVAC equipment.  The room is heated by the ground heat through the floor.

The building ground temperature was assumed to be 18°C, as no values were entered.
 Dr. Li