Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] HVAC Template and zone control

The .EXPIDF is just an .IDF, it contains the original HVACtemplate inputs but they have been commented out (! in front of those lines).  Unless you need to change something in the original .IDF, you can rename the .EXPIDF and treat it just as any .IDF.