[EnergyPlus_Support] Setting the HVAC ON/OFF cycle

When we run E+ and adjust the time step, which time step are we changing. I need to know how long HVAC is ON or OFF. I was suggested to find the part load ratio. However if I want to vary the system(HVAC -PTAC) time step what do I need to do. Also I have asked this earlier, but is there way where we can show the system switching ON/OFF as the set point is reached. By this I mean, showing the cycles when the system is ON, and OFF. Say if the system is ON, it cools the room to the set point in Summer or heats the room to the set point in Winter.Then on reaching a set point system(HVAC) goes OFF until the room/zone temp say rises by 1deg C above the set point for summer or Zone temp drop by 1deg C below the set point in Winter. And finally again switching. I need to know how I can achieve this kind of cycle in my output.