[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: OutdoorAir:Mixer questions

I read your reply many times and fully agree, however I won't go as far as talking about software limitations of e+ in particular. E+ actually has objects for CO2 based DCV, but I was limited with the DOAS and had to build a bit of a custom add-on as you say.

As you stated, in real life a DCV system can use either occupancy sensors (direct or indirect) or CO2 sensors. I have not compared the two stradegies, because it is an existing system using the latter. Some of my zones are large volumes with high swings in occupancy, so I can understand why the latter stradegy was chosen. For me, however the goal was to find as close as possible how high the peak chilled water rate will be given a strict set of design day data. The lessons that are learnt are "nice to now" but sadly, I don't think anyone cares. All that is interesting is the bottom line peak district chilled water usage rate. As I said before, this is not what simulations are good for...that being said, it should hopefully be better than the hand calculation method. A sensitivity analysis is actually needed (and depending on the politics, may even get ordered).