RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: OutdoorAir:Mixer questions

Hi, Jean

I was not saying that EPlus was not good enough as a software research tool.  The part of simulatin tool that are commonly used by this group  is schedule driven.

DCV is another module in EPlus, that is good.  I have not looked at  the EPlus modules in detail since version 3.0.
Years ago, I was not certain in the system capacity requirement  in one installation.  I suggested to under design the capacity to save initial cost and  keep the room adjacent to the plant room as an ICE room.  If the weather or the occupancy was really larger than the full capacity, the operator would call the local  ice making factory to dump a load of ice in that room.  Because of that proposal, the design was approved.  For the following five year, we did not have the need to use the ICE room.

The EPlus simulation gives you the margin of two or more different design and capacity scenario.  The operational cost and initial cost amount provide  the guidance of choice.    The simulation need not be exact.

I am not really interested in the LEED certification.  It is mainly politics.  EPlus can do more than just for the certification of green buildings.   In your case, you may still have rooms to save by reducing building heat load.

A computer controlled distributed modular system is probably more economical to install and operate.

 Dr. Li