RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: How to model the primary/secondary pump system

That is the difference between a person reading a guideline and one review the guidelines.
The cources at Imperial College of Science and Technology and Medicine, in UK, provides lots of common sense values and rules of thumb.

I used to served in the Standards committees in Singapore, while I was there.  I have compared many standard documents from different counties.
--------------------
The circulation pump is usually smaller.  The one you have quated is large, 349 kW for  1000 L/s.  Chiller pump can also be the compressor pump.  They go in steps, because there is no such thing as a 20 to 300 hp variable speed pump.  If there is, it will be inefficient.

In my last e-mail, I mentioned that the large chiller should be variable speed.  Actually, in practice, they are moduler.  A number of pumps brought into service as required.  They can be as small as 10 hp. One of my installation uses 30 + 30 + 10 hp. compressors, pooled together to serve three AHU's on three floors.  They can be used insteps of 10, 30, 40. 60, 70 hp.
The second question below is again common sense practice.  One is a system and the other is zone, as I compare the numbers.

This is also the reason why the user here on VAV feeding 12°C air into a VAV damper get unusual results.  A 53kw reheat heater in a zone? Something is wrong.

 My  design temperature  for zone cooling air is 18°C with reheat, 24°C without reheat.    You have  16/20 for secondary.  It appears that primary is system and secondary is zone.      6/12°C is the temperature for a chiller or Dx coil lower limit.

80/50°C is the SHW and DHW tank setpoint.  In the solar collector model, the tank is set to 80°C and trottled down to 65°C with the water main water mixer valve.

In UK, the steam radiator is actually hot water radiator at 50°C, which is warmer than the US system..

These terms have not much to do with EPlus capabilities.  EPlus is universal, until you use some report for Comfort, etc. then the special values are incorporated.  But you have a choice of not to use them or to use different schedules to fool the system.

 Dr. Li