Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] "Rating Conditions" for Water to Water Heat Pumps

Karen,

standard def of Rating conditions -  set of operating conditions under which a single level of performance results, and which causes only that level of performance to occur. For heat pumps the water source temperature ( water loop) temperature defines your rating condition.

Water loop may be a groundloop system or a hybrid or a cooling tower/boiler system. Water loop temperature (Entering water temperature) differs on all these systems.  Each system has different water loop  temperature and this defines your rating on the HP's.

Any catalog would have listed the performance for a selected unit for different entering water conditions (usually the EWT defines the rating ).

Air side usually same on all type of systems.

Let me know this helps.

Thanks,

PS