[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: surface and subsurface in OpenStudio

Javed's approach is fine if you want to change a subsurface back and forth between types (e.g. window vs. door), or if you want to change a surface back and forth between types (e.g. wall, floor, roof), but as you pointed out, it doesn't let you change a sub-surface to a base surface.

Drawing windows side by side or splitting windows can create un-expected results. The best practice  would be to make one large window, or add a small space between them, could be a fraction of an inch.You will have to erase and re-draw at least one edge of the second window so it will be re-classified (after you add the space between them).

David

--
David Goldwasser, LEED AP
david.goldwasser@xxxxxxxx