[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Calculating effective SHGC

Thanks for your response. I'm not so sure it's that easy.

My objective is to calculate the solar fraction of a building from the bottom-up, by tracking every Joule of energy that enters and leaves it. So I'm really looking for the ratio of solar energy that enters the building to what is incident on the glazing - maybe not annually, but certainly  seasonally (e.g., heating season). I'm not so interested in the instantaneous SHGC.

As I mentioned earlier, the issue is that E+ reporting aggregates the convective and radiative exchanges with the inner glass surface, which includes both the effects of the sun and merely temperature differences between indoors and out. If I can disaggregate these, I'll be golden. One idea is to run two simulations and "turn off the sun", but this is not very elegant!

What would your approach be to calculating the instantaneous SHGC (based on what E+ reports)? Maybe I can extrapolate your methodology to obtain what I want.

Cheers,
Liam