To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: jeannieboef@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 07:53:59 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Easy question - Very thick massive external floor

Dear Dr. Li, I considered this option. The problem with that solution is that I would loose the source/sink aspect of the high thermal capacitance of such a thick construction.

Because of the low transfer ability of the construction, it would take a long time to "charge" but just as long a time to "discharge" energy both to the internal zone and to the outdoor environment.

So thinking about it more, declaring it adianatic is the perfect solution. I just have to quantify how much energy transfer we will be neglecting, to defend that decision.

Thanks everyone for the discussion. It helps to talk about it.