Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Model a Chiller:Electric or Chiller:Electric:EIR

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the information.  I will look into it.

Jairo

From: robdombrosky <bilie_joe2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2012 5:52 PM
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Model a Chiller:Electric or Chiller:Electric:EIR

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Richard Raustad <RRaustad@...> wrote:
>> Now that you know how to do this and understand it, I might direct you to the Table objects where you can enter data pairs, normalize the data, create performance curves, interpolate tables, extrapolate tables, or ride the performance curve created with the table. It's a little tricky to get used to the format, but once you do they work very well.

> Table:OneIndependentVariable (used for EIRFPLR)
> Table:TwoIndependentVariables (used for CAPFT and EIRFT)

Richard, I´m usind the table objects as you described, but things are not working as expected. According to the chillers data, they should get the best COP at 100%, 75%, 50% and 25% of the total load (actualy at 25% the COP should be the highest).I only get high COP at 100%, because aparently EIR function PLR curve only decreases along with the part load rate, instead of having those four "peaks". Here it is my input for the three curves, please tell me if you check any inconsistence.

!- =========== ALL OBJECTS IN CLASS: TABLE:_ONEINDEPENDENTVARIABLE_ ===========

Table:OneIndependentVariable,
ChillerEIRFPLR, !- Name
Quadratic, !- Curve Type
LagrangeInterpolationLinearExtrapolation, !- Interpolation Method
0, !- Minimum Value of X
1, !- Maximum Value of X
, !- Minimum Table Output
, !- Maximum Table Output
Dimensionless, !- Input Unit Type for X
Dimensionless, !- Output Unit Type
, !- Normalization Reference
1, !- X Value #1
1, !- Output Value #1
0.86, !- X Value #2
1.0868, !- Output Value #2
0.75, !- X Value #3
1.0085, !- Output Value #3
0.61, !- X Value #4
1.0917, !- Output Value #4
0.5, !- X Value #5
0.9754, !- Output Value #5
0.43, !- X Value #6
1.0393, !- Output Value #6
0.36, !- X Value #7
1.1333, !- Output Value #7
0.25, !- N20
0.9714, !- N21
0.18, !- N22
1.128, !- N23
0.1, !- N24
1.3797; !- N25

!- =========== ALL OBJECTS IN CLASS: TABLE:TWOINDEPENDENTVARIABLES ===========

Table:TwoIndependentVariables,
ChillerCapFTemp, !- Name
BiQuadratic, !- Curve Type
LagrangeInterpolationLinearExtrapolation, !- Interpolation Method
4.5, !- Minimum Value of X
7.5, !- Maximum Value of X
20, !- Minimum Value of Y
29.5, !- Maximum Value of Y
, !- Minimum Table Output
, !- Maximum Table Output
Temperature, !- Input Unit Type for X
Temperature, !- Input Unit Type for Y
Capacity, !- Output Unit Type
1283000, !- Normalization Reference
4.5, !- X Value #1
20, !- Y Value #1
1255000, !- Output Value #1
4.5, !- X Value #2
21.5, !- Y Value #2
1246000, !- Output Value #2
4.5, !- X Value #3
23.5, !- Y Value #3
1234000, !- Output Value #3
4.5, !- X Value #4
25.5, !- Y Value #4
1221000, !- Output Value #4
4.5, !- N20
27.7, !- N21
1208000, !- N22
4.5, !- N23
29.5, !- N24
1194000, !- N25
5.3, !- N26
20, !- N27
1289000, !- N28
5.3, !- N29
21.5, !- N30
1280000, !- N31
5.3, !- N32
23.5, !- N33
1267000, !- N34
5.3, !- N35
25.5, !- N36
1254000, !- N37
5.3, !- N38
27.5, !- N39
1241000, !- N40
5.3, !- N41
29.5, !- N42
1227000, !- N43
6, !- N44
20, !- N45
1318000, !- N46
6, !- N47
21.5, !- N48
1309000, !- N49
6, !- N50
23.5, !- N51
1296000, !- N52
6, !- N53
25.5, !- N54
1283000, !- N55
6, !- N56
27.5, !- N57
1269000, !- N58
6, !- N59
29.5, !- N60
1255000, !- N61
6.7, !- N62
20, !- N63
1348000, !- N64
6.7, !- N65
21.5, !- N66
1339000, !- N67
6.7, !- N68
23.5, !- N69
1326000, !- N70
6.7, !- N71
25.5, !- N72
1312000, !- N73
6.7, !- N74
27.5, !- N75
1298000, !- N76
6.7, !- N77
29.5, !- N78
1283000, !- N79
7.5, !- N80
20, !- N81
1382000, !- N82
7.5, !- N83
21.5, !- N84
1372000, !- N85
7.5, !- N86
23.5, !- N87
1359000, !- N88
7.5, !- N89
25.5, !- N90
1345000, !- N91
7.5, !- N92
27.5, !- N93
1330000, !- N94
7.5, !- N95
29.5, !- N96
1315000; !- N97

Table:TwoIndependentVariables,
ChillerEIRFTemp, !- Name
BiQuadratic, !- Curve Type
LagrangeInterpolationLinearExtrapolation, !- Interpolation Method
4.5, !- Minimum Value of X
7.5, !- Maximum Value of X
20, !- Minimum Value of Y
29.5, !- Maximum Value of Y