RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] availabilityManager:High temperaturTurnoff

See my comments below.

 Dr. Li

To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: t.t111ir@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 22:04:28 +0000
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] availabilityManager:High temperaturTurnoff

Dear Dr.Li
Thanks a lot for your kind guides.
Please accept my apology for any inconvenience.

Plant in Iran:
In Iran there is no automatic thermostat which could be as radiator controllers. In fact there are two stages: Designing, Simulation
If you do not have a real building, all you are saying may be text book description.
Therefore, I gave you a real system in London, England in the mail to follow.

First of all we suppose that the ideal zone temperature is 20 degree Celsius in year.
Then base on the coolest day in a year we arrange capacity of boiler.
Indeed boiler controls radiator for turning on or off. In this case, because of we don?t have any control on air zone temperature most of the time the temperature becomes more than 20 degree Celsius and perhaps radiator is on. As well as thermostat is utilized on hot-water pump in multi-story buildings for controlling water temperature. In this type of building the boiler and pump are on and off consecutively.
This is the reason why you use EPlus simulation to determine the size of the heat requirement using the DesignDay sizing and compare with the TMY annual conditions.

I have some question:

Could you please tell me can I simulate the building without any controlling on room temperature by using Energyplus software?
Yes, this is known as the natural state of the building.

I suggest two ways:

1)      By decreasing convergence tolerance baseboard
2)      Arrange the thermostat at high temperature that the boiler with maximum capacity could not be able to produce this temperature. As well as maximum capacity of boiler is considered as input of software.
Run an example or the exercise in the Getting Started PDF of the EPlus.  Not the Getting Strted  from the third party software providers.  Then you may know what to add.  If you are not a programmer, the source code would not help you.

Should I change the source code of Energyplus If there is no solution?
I have not seen you IDF, therefore I cannot comment.
I do not think you can change the source code of EnergyPlus.  May be two or three years from now, after learning how to use Fortran, code, compile, link or made into an excutable file on your PC, or any OS platform.

Could you please tell me which module should I read?
I do not think you can understand EPlus simulation by reading the source file.  I can, as I have been doing it since 1960.

I would be appreciated if you would consider my problem.
Your problem is not complex, if you have a actual system to model.  Because your description of the system is not correct, the IDF cannot be easily generated.

Water heated baseboard zone system is the nearest example.  Unfortunately, this example file may be been removed, as it is too simple.  The exercise in the Getting Started is now too complex for a beginner, but if you can follow it, you will have less problem.

I am looking forward to hearing from you
With the best wishes
Tooran