Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Problems modeling a chiller

Hi,
we have been thinking on the same way.I noticed that the capacity
power was always so high for the calculation(CAPFTxNominalCapacity)and
it means for E+ that the electric consumption is not reduced so much.
This is a way to fix it but I think the problem is the Pref=Qref /
COPref x CAPFT which is very high,I think the CAPFT curve must be
reformulated and take into account the PLR.Because I have ran a
simulation which a chiller with a reference COP of 3 and the maximun
COP in my simulation was 6.7.
What do you think about the idea of adding a variable to CAPFT or
adding a new curve?
Thanks Richard,
Ignacio Gomis