RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] simultaneous heating and cooling in the condenser loop

Sorry.

I meant the graphs alone do not have the information on the cause of why the heating and cooling occured together.

I did not down load your graphs, as I have a slow PC internet connection.

If the plant is designed as  cooling and heating systems, they should not interfer with each other.

The condenser is on the chiller loop.  If the CW coil is not in use, the chiller is not active.
If the boiler is feeding the reheat coil, it can be on at the same time.  There are two water loops.

If you have type 4 thermostat control with a large installation, it is very common for a heating zone that need cooling because the internal load is high, and the cooling zone need heating (VAV with re-heat) which is also normal.

So you required very detailed information to separate these different cases and lavel them as problems.

That is why  in the other mail I kept saying that do not look at the averaged valuesalone.
Schedule values, daytype index, time of day, and day of year, outdoor temperature,  zone mean air temperature, zone heating and cooling rate values  in time step are all to be included as the minimum listing in the Output variable request  during debug stage.

 Dr. Li

 P.S.  The two cursors on the Hotmail was not placed on the same place, when I deleted some text, it happen in two places.   It happens quite often with me when I do the text editing.