[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: DOAS with fan coil

The thing to remember is that a template should be there to get you going. I've not used this template so I can't tell you why it's put together like that, but considering it from an energy modelling point of view, what difference will it make if the air is cooled by the fancoil or the AHU if there is no circulation allowed. If circulation is allowed, is it at the fancoil or at the AHU and would it make a difference to the energy consumption. Cooling the required air to combat your loads is required, whether it is at which coil is largly irrelevant. But it is better to set up the systems as they are designed in your case. I assume your fancoils are not freshair injected and only recirculate inzone air.

The way I usually set up my fancoil is linked up to the AHU airloop, but with the ODA set to zero outdoor air making it a zone recirculation cooling devise. The ODA is seperately brought in by my AHU. The exhaust air node of the fancoil always gives me hassels. I've painfully got this setup right once and now just copy paste the code.

So your AHU hooks up once to your Terminal Unit and once to your fancoil. But the zone is only allowed one exhaust node...I can't remember...it is al very confusing. I'll try to remember to paste the code here on Monday.

Good luck.