Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Design Days

At 12:44 PM 3/27/2012, Homero Noboa wrote:
Could you please tell us what happens when I include two summer design days in my model idf? Does E+ uses the worst? Uses the last? Is OK to include more than 1 design day per season?

Let's see, what do you think happens?  As ASHRAE HOF states, the design conditions may respond differently depending on systems, etc.

I think you have to include two or more summer design days to tell exactly what effect it will have.  If you are talking sizing that is -- the day chosen to represent the sizing is shown in the zsz and ssz files, i believe.  (Described in the Output Details document).

You can put in all the design days in a ddy file == so, yes, you can have more than one design day per season.  If you then choose to run the "sizing periods" from the Simulation Control, then you will see the different loads.  (You might choose to make the day of month different so it will stand out better in the csv file)