Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Weather file sub-hour capability

Malindo,

If you're seeing these wierd discontinuities in the weather data, then there's probably a bug in the interpolation procedure. Interpolation weather data from hourly to subhourly data is very straightforward, especially for temperature - you can just do a linear interpolation between the hourly records. For some other variables, like wind direction, you would want to just repeat the same record until the next one. For solar, there might be some issues since the reported value is the total for the hour, but if you subdivide that to a minute value and then interpolate, it should be fine.

If you're comparing the results to measured data, you must use the weather data for the same time period. I've generated a lot of weather data for the world for ASHRAE and others, and I know there's very good reported weather data for Singapore. If you tell me the actual time period that you're interested, I can create that weather file, as well as interpolate the data down to the hourly record for no charge, just to see if that solves your problem.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D