RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Sudden temperature drops and ups

Mr.Ooi's reasoning was correct.

What you should do notmally is to plot the weather file ODT and have a look at the shape of the curve.
Roof temperature is mainly due to radiation.  You should display the solar radiation input as well.

The zone mean air temperature, and any temperature value of interested should be plotted on the same chart if possible.

Attached is a daily plot of the solar conditions at Golden Solar Radiation Reeasch Lab.  When you sample such a wave form, you can get large difference in sampled  values at one hour interval.  If you do get such a chart from Changi Airport, what are you going to do with it.  They can be made available.

Without knowing what is your input file and what variable you are looking at, ti is very difficult to tell.

Because the input values are in one hour steps, increasing the timestop to 60 will not give you more accurate results.

You will soon find out that the interpolation on the spread sheet is just as good.  4 timestep is the recomended defult.  I generally use 6 timestep to give a 10 minuite interval for results.  There are certain special cases which requires a higher number of timesteps to help convergence with a few timesteps.

 Dr. Li