RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Is there any way to simplify DX Unit Model?

Dear Ke,

I think that your opportunity and challenge is to discover how the equipment actually performs, not to duplicate McQuay’s laboratory testing.  Even if you had the McQuay performance data:

·         The data is generated in steady-state laboratory conditions.  Your test data and actual operation is never “steady state”!

·         A 13 year old piece of equipment will not perform the same as when new.  (New equipment probably won’t, either, because manufacturers are not required to test each model and capacity.)

·         There is a significant amount of test data that I have seen in the past 30 years which indicates that installed equipment may never perform the same as it does in the test conditions.

I do not know your actual research goals, but it seems to me that you should be able to develop an “as measured” set of curves which will work well enough.  As you know, there are many variables in a real installation which are not intended to be fully duplicated by software such as E+.  I think the hardest of these to account for are the humidity-related effects, which are hard to measure with accuracy.  These include the impact of wet bulb temperature on coil performance and moisture re-absorption into the coil’s leaving air a