RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Heating/Setpoint Controller

Dear Germán,

EnergyPlus will automatically control the operation heating and cooling coil according to your SetpointManagers.  It will not operate cooling and heating simultaneously unless you have some sort of CoolReheat control.  (You can see this is you create output variables for the temperature node downstream of each coil)

Regarding the frost warnings, you can:

·         Ignore the warnings  (probably this does not affect accuracy too much, but you will get a lot of warnings!)

·         Create a two-speed DX coil  (This will probably reduce the number of warnings)

·         Employ EMS to prevent DX coil operation below a certain outdoor temperature (e.g. 10-12C)

The Building Performance Team
James V. Dirkes II, P.E., BEMP , LEED AP
1631 Acacia Drive NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
616 450 8653