Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] ASHRAE 90.1 G3.1.1

Hi Miroslav,

Yes, you can only have one packaged unit per floor. After you know your baseline system type, forget about your proposed HVAC system. The baseline system is a completely new system providing heating, cooling, and ventilation, and has no elements of your proposed system.

Fortunately, you can easily model system 5 with the HVACTemplate:System:PackagedVAV  and associated objects. So take your proposed.idf file, and delete all the HVAC components so you are just left with geometry and loads, then apply the HVACTemplate:System, HVACTemplate:Plant:Boiler, and finally the HVACTemplate:Zone:VAV objects to each zone. See the appropriate example file in the /examples directory.

Let me know how it goes, and best regards from Vienna!

Marcus
--
Marcus Jones,  M.Sc., LEED®AP BD+C
Freelance energy consultant