Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Selecting the ASHRAE baseline

Thank you Nick and Oscar.

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Nick Caton <ncaton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Vinay,

The key word here is ?predominant.?

Carefully review the baseline system table footnotes, and also review the ?nonpredominant? exception regarding multiple baseline system types for applicability.  I?ve also experienced reviewers invoking the Table G3.1 requirement regarding ?where no heating exists use electric? into such decisions?  ?Predominant condition? is ultimately not a glossary term with a black & white definition,  so expect to define and substantiate/explain any decision you make.

There?s been much discussion around this issue for a variety of cases over the [equest-users] and [bldg-sim] mailing lists in the past.  Attached is one such discussion where I shared some related experience ? more like this discussion can be found in the archives ;).

Best of luck!

~Nick

cid:489575314@22072009-0ABB

NICK CATON, P.E.