RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] RVI or MVI files?

I think you should read the EPlus document in the Advanced Output example file. (ExerciseOutput1 Instructions.pdf)

The following may also help separate the source of the problems.

1) using the .rvi file with the same fine name as the IDFfn, customise the .csv at run time..

2) Use the .rvi as a custom post processing using an existing .eso.  The input eso  file name and output csv file name must be in the .rvi file.  The .rvi is passed on the command line.

3) Please  note that .rvi and .rmi uses different data files.  The names in the BIOPCM-HC.rvi  are Report:meter. variables.  RVaudit will confirm this.  The result may appear in the default version of .csv output.

4)  If the variable is not in the IDF, the .rvi will not produce an output.  Timestep, hourly, etc. generates additional data in the ESO file.  If the IDF is for hourly only, you will not get the timestep data off line.

5) When you wanted to display a single zone variable data, check with the .eso file for the name to be used, if the column does not appear in the .csv..

[  ] square brackets have special meaning in the MACRO file in the .imf format.

This may be the reason why the HVACtemplate commented out all the material,construction,  and building section and then copy them  back again..  User may have used the sq. brackets for names.   Any square brackets in the .imf which are not for the MACRO application will cause  the MACRO expansion to fail.

With Windows VISTA OS, a  batch file may not run properly without the Administrator's permission.

I do not know the JEplus requirement.  If the .rvi does not run in versin 7.1, show me the .eso and the .rvi file.

If you do not have any rvaudit or rverror, you may not have run the .rvi.

 Dr. Li