Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Holes and ventilation

In design builder- if you use the calculated natural ventilation than your  "vents/doors" will be modulated based on your settings and will automatically create your energy plus air flow network. I suggest you first do an external CFD analysis of your building model, then place your vents in locations of high air pressure & velocity, then after placing your vents in areas set them to open based on inside to outside temperature differences and enthalpy differences as to assure your air flow will be beneficial. Then run your Energy Plus model in Design Builder while checking the HVAC sizing summery report output. Check your peak cooling date/time, then re-simulate with sub-hourly output for only the peak cooling day, and then import your Energy Plus results into design builder CFD for the time of peak noted from the energy plus run- this will produce a visual snap shot of the maximum effectiveness of your natural ventilation strategy.

All the best-

Jeremiah D. Crossett  | Senior Analyst  |  Phase Change Energy Solutions
120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203  | Mobile 503-688-8951
www.phasechange.com