[EnergyPlus_Support] Hi, questions about solving ODES in Energy Plus

Hi, Dr. Li,
Sorry to bother you..... I have some difficulties in studying the engineering manuals of the Energy Plus. So I would like to ask you in your inconvenience.

I am studying how Energy Plus does the calculation in getting the zone temperature. I have two questions about the engineering manual  of Energy Plus:

1. As to the equation (6) On page 8, to get an estimate of  Q(sys), we need to know all the temperatures. The outside door temperature and the ground temperature are provided,  and T(z) is the setpoint temperature but how about the T(si)? How can we know the surface temperature?

2. On page 11, in the "Summary of predictor-corrector procedure", it mentions that the second step is "With that quantity as a demand, the air system is simulated to determine its actual supply capability at the time of the simulation. This will include a plant simulation if necessary."

So in the first step, we get an estimate of the air system energy required to balance the equation with the zone air temperature, how can we get this as a demand and determine the actual supply capability? How does this work?

Thanks!
Best,
Na