Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] jEPlus & Window-to-wall ratio

Narj, you beat me to it--:} Amer I was just typing that You could also use EP Macro, by taking the window vertices's for each and including them into an IMF, but it might get very confusing for a lot of windows at a time.  (I mentioned this in my previous email when I said mentioned the second option for use in daylight studies)

I have no idea what your goal for the partitions is, and have not used jE+ so can not comment

Still I think you could use the window multiplier will work- ACTUALLY I AM SURE OF IT. Let me guess you are using delighting controls causing your file has crashed and you have not checked the .ERR files to see that what the problem is? Did you notice when I said that you can not use the window multiplier for daylight studies?

Attached is a working use of the simple approach, notice how the energy profile is different when changing the window multilayer from a 1 to a 2...?
This also works in JE+..

All the best

Jeremiah D. Crossett  | Senior Analyst  |  Phase Change Energy Solutions
120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203  | Mobile 503-688-8951