Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] calculated heating load zero

I used a shortcut:
"Using WinterDesignDay schedules> Correct me if I am wrong Design Days are not a "schedule" by object classification
    ASHRAE 99.6% winter design day"

If the daytype of the designday is "WinterDesignDay", then the program uses the values for that day in any schedule item. We suggest not to setback temperatures (for example) when doing sizing calculations, even if you are doing that in regular runs.

The WinterDesignDay schedule/day type allows you to codify the schedule for the simulation without fiddling with various days.

On 2012-09-11 17:47, Jeremiah Crossett wrote:
Thanks Linda-For the items you suggest I have the following values:

Infiltration> I thought this was correct by now less sure>

	* Using AirFlow network so standard infiltration object was removed-
I will investigate this as a possibility. (I guess I will try to
add 3.5 ACH with airflow network, or if needed delete the airflow
network and add an infiltration object)

Internal gains>I have went through these in detail>

	* Lighting is per AHRAE 90.1 (dorm room 4.1 W.m2) , Equipment is per
design (1 W/SQFT) People 5 m2/person

Using WinterDesignDay schedules>  Correct me if I am wrong Design
Days are not a "schedule" by object classification

	* ASHRAE 99.6% winter design day

JEREMIAH D. CROSSETT  | Senior Analyst  |  Phase Change Energy
Solutions
120 E. PRITCHARD ST.  | ASHEBORO, NC 27203  | MOBILE 503-688-8951

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Linda Lawrie <linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx