Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Reg: Energyplus version 6.1

We are maintaining servers like http://14.139.82.17/coolroof/ (soon to be coolroof.cbs.iiit.ac.in), and some similar others for internal usage. We're have been working on analyzing the ISHRAE weather files for assuring correctness, for which we have written some codes. These codes  generate IDF's using templates. Each time a newer version of EnergyPlus comes in, we have two choices -

1. To change our code that generate the IDFs - This is a pretty heavy task sometimes, considering we have quite many of them.
2. To run the version update script for the IDFs we generate and make them compatible to the latest EP version - This is an easier way to go about it sometimes, considering the number of resources we have for maintaining the code.

For instance, we recently discovered that we had bad IDF's for Air Cooled Chilled water system for residential buildings at http://14.139.82.17/coolroof/. To check the correctness of the IDF's, our domain experts had to get back to V6 for tracing the mistake. We maintained an internal archive, unfortunately I used my external hard disk which got corrupted a few days back.

Thanks,
Kshitij