RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: material conductivity troubleI

Since you have never looked at the result at timestep intervals, you will never solve your problem.

Monthly report should never be used for any research work, except for issuing a certificate on costing.

As none of the materials you specified are not  exposed to the exterior environment, the surface propperties do not need to condsider convection or radiation processing

.

Under steady state condition, the heat transfer amount is proportional to the conductuctivity and temperature difference across the surface.

When the temperature is changing, the material thickness, and the propagation speed are also factors.

I would suggest that you divide one wall into two equal parts and use the two different constructions in the same simulation run.

Use the DesignDay sizing  simulation and monitor the temperature values of the exteriior and interior surfaces at timestep and the interior surface convection rates of the two surfaces to the zone.

If you change the wall and floor material or construction at the same time and monitor the monthly averaged result.  The day and night time behavior of the surface may be different, and you will never know whoch is doing what.

By doing a timestep reading observation, you are using the EPlus as a caculator for CTF at timestep intervales.  The value will change depending on wheather the (ODT - zone  AMT) is negative or positive.

The monthly average valuedo not make this observation, and therefore may not provide the correct information.

I did not run the simulation as I have not modied it for the two material and add the relavent variables to display.

 Dr. Li