[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] Multiple HVAC systems serving one zone
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Multiple HVAC systems serving one zone
- From: "thevinyldropper" <thevinyldropper@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 20:34:46 -0000
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 13:40:32 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echo; t=1353962429; bh=hOj14MlpOsyDp7vn432VVq57Tt+3Z/9Ro1uR6amtI4o=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:Received:Received:Received:DKIM-Signature:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-eGroups-Approved-By:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=QPQmNxssFq5YVNxIZ/kGBuOPlB/AvuwPzIIiU4QHXOLBpNQGH2MGb2ZGRjsw6bV01Hj57GqoccyavO3WEittg91MgEZFjTRfKKmmbkxUxK/ekKm4aaN2Fc0kthkp0qHDo0fTrsDs7mrHZkBDjKxBt9HXHIRuEXRv9IBlHKm7ikc=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echo; t=1353962428; bh=8yxd99zcMY1qNDVm+5FCfwVgMYoPbJ3ITVnBmIrd/Dg=; h=Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Date:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:Subject:X-Yahoo-Group-Post:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-YGroups-SubInfo:Sender:X-eGroups-Approved-By:X-eGroups-Auth; b=XvOg0b17zI0MgErdGUgp/RVKSzsCwChU6O9kke/ah8lQ1gx/GOIZzEsYRTAnJqcbpcnrdjNRkFQ5+R/rDSjaAZM/UFCPW9VwQI0mvkmMp1EVnk2GAWFMpips3BWI4IPcYTLf+Cz2WfEojUvSpARswzxqLvcplj9xRBWoKLLdpYo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=echo; d=yahoogroups.com; b=U9hMOSjG1/KQ08OMQZ6JDaswt3zIii7yDBaA1XJBziky5aCXpacvxx4RHHOAjAjheVVQ/+q4zOIDtMtwYPGxj4OXxLGrWvKK1LSgscQqmen/Lzot4KLBo1XV5+j8b3CjszNjOHIe/77gvVy0FeS/2ayhqSEVoHrh4OplmOKX48M=;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportemail@example.com>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: eGroups-EW/0.82
I am having some difficulty setting up multiple HVAC systems serving one zone. The situation is that I am modeling a building with packaged rooftop units as well as exhaust fans. However, I can't model the exhaust fans using the exhaust fan object because the exhaust fans are controlled based on enthalpy differential with outdoor air (as I understand it, exhaust fan availability managers only allow temperature differential).
So I thought I would set up another HVAC system in addition to the RTUs that would function like the exhaust fans (with a supply fan, rather than exhaust, no heating or cooling coils). I could then use an outside air controller to specify the enthapy differential control. The issue I am having is setting up both systems to serve one zone. Do I connect the second system (exhaust system)to the zone inlet node, or upstream of the zone splitter associated with the RTUs? Where do I connect downstream of the zone?
Any help would be much appreciated. Of course, if anyone has a way of getting the exhaust fan object to run on differential enthalpy, I would take suggestions there too!!
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: