[EnergyPlus_Support] limit to number of building surface detailed objects?

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of building surface detailed objects that one can have in a model?

In the UK there is a strong drive by the Government for domestic buildings with unfilled cavity wall constructions to be filled.  This in order to bring energy efficiencies up and CO2 emissions down.  However, there is thermal imagery evidence to suggest that practice with these retrofits has been far from perfect showing a number of failure patterns across a range of buildings.

I've tried to create a 20mm mesh on the external walls of some simple buildings (using the Google Sketchup interface for OpenStudio with the intention of then writing some C# code if the initial results were interesting), and then defining constructions with differing amounts of insulation reflecting the effectiveness of the practice... BUT a good number of my meshed objects seem to disappear as I save the file and re-open it.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with either EP or OpenStudio?

best
j.