RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Ground temperature of Singapore

Hi, Linda

Sorry about my remark about the American and the stone age.  May be I should say "in North America".  Do not know why a tallest building would be placed in the middle of a less developed province in China.  They are having problems as well.

My stone age actually meant that most operations had to be done manually.  In a naturally ventilated house, the windows are open and closed by the occupant.  There is no real need to have computer controlled actuators.  The trees are planted to provide shades.

The fact is that in Toronto for the new Condo's unless one is on the Penthouse, there is no way to get natural through draft in a high rise building at the lower floors.  Fully open windows are not allowed by the municipal by-laws for the condos.

EPlus can be successfully used for estimating the temperature and air flow rates in a building.

I mentioned, Dr. Ooi's Nanny house with 440mm crawl space, because it was mentioned in the forum not long ago, and it was a challenging project for simulation.  The real concern was how cold would be the floor in Winter, and where to add insulation.  EPlus can provide these information.  In Canada, the space will be built as a basement.   In Singpore, the height should be increased, so that it can be useful as a open ground floor.

 Dr. Li