Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Ground temperature of Singapore

Tough problem. Is it perhaps not better to traverse the gas lines in the attic/ceiling space, if the attic/ceiling space is already vented? Then you could shut the floor vents to the outside and vent the floor to the inside. As long as cold winter morning air is allowed to stroke the bottom of the floor, it will remain cold in the morning. Does a layer of insulation not work according to simulation results?

Cheap insulation?
I have seen an interesting construction where recycled empty glass bottles of the same height are stood and packed closely together to provide an insulation between earth and wooden floor.

Sent from my iPhone