[EnergyPlus_Support] Blind’s slats tilt optimizati on

Hi all,

I?d like to have son points of view, advices or explanations about the issue i?m facing : i?m trying to find optimized slat angles (one tilt for each month of the year in fact) for exterior blinds (horizontal slats, for spaces facing south +/- 15°).

So :

- I 1st launched annual simulations with a shading control based on indoor temperature :

o WindowProperty:ShadingControl

o Shading control is schedules

o Schedule control type : always on (because the blind system is fully-switched the whole year, i just can move slats?tilt)

o OnIfHighZoneAirTemperature (i?ve done with setpoint 1 fixed to 24, 26 and 27°C)

o Slat angle control : ?BlockBeamSolar?

I look to the Output:Variable ?Window Blind Slat Angle? (monthly), and keep the values that match with good solar gains during winter and good solar protection during summer. Then i run a new file, in which i make a ScheduledSlatAngle, using the slats tilt found in the previous simulation (one value per month)

- i change the shading control as follow :

o schedule control type : always on

o Slat angle control : ?ScheduledSlatAngle?

The 2 simulations are matching correctly, but there's something i don't really get.