From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeremiah Crossett
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2013 1:34 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Infiltration

I agree with Ned, but also think it is worth mentioning that Design Builder has a simple input from blower door to Energy Plus that might be worth looking into, and I have attached a screen shot of the input. I am not 100% sure how DB applies this to its E+ file generation but assume it uses the ZoneInfiltrationDesignFlowRate Object pasted from another file below. I think there is a better way to do it with airflow network as well.

Name Infiltration

Zone or ZoneList Name     Zone

Schedule Name       On

Design Flow Rate Calculation Method     Flow/zone

Design Flow Rate    0.018

Flow per Zone Floor Area

Flow per Exterior Surface Area

Air Changes per Hour

Constant Term Coefficient  1

Temperature Term Coefficient     0

Velocity Term Coefficient   0

Velocity Squared Term Coefficient          0

Jeremiah D. Crossett  | Senior Analyst  |  Phase Change Energy Solutions

120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203  | Mobile 503-688-8951

<http://www.phasechange.com>www.phasechange.com

  <http://i.imgur.com/Sldxf.jpg>