[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Zone colder than outdoors - without mechanical cooling!

Yes, all these responses make sense. I hadn't thought this have such a large effect for opaque surfaces. The Engineering Reference does explain the calculations. One things I don't understand there, for my own edification: how is a shape factor to the air defined? The calculations assume every surface has three SFs: sky, ground, and "air."

Thanks for all the quick responses.