Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: COP of AirLoopHVAC:UnitaryHeatPump:AirToAir

What is the range (min/max) on the x (indoor coil entering air temp) and
y (outdoor coil entering air temp) curve inputs if used? These limits
can influence the results (the curves output, which also has limits if
used). Also, 31C is rather high for the indoor coil entering air temp.
How does this look for other lower temps. You should plot at least 2
indoor coil entering air temps on the chart to ensure the curves act
accordingly.

It looks like you divided heating capacity factor by EIR (energy input
factor). The COP is 1/EIR which would show an increase in COP as outdoor
temp increased.

I see a downward trend in heating capacity as outdoor air temp increases
at higher outdoor temps. Find some manufacturers data and verify this is
correct (or look in the data sets file RooftopPackagedHeatPump.idf).
This curve appears incorrect to me (i.e., capacity should increase as
outdoor air temp increases). Heating capacity and power should both
increase as outdoor temps increase. But capacity increases faster than
power leading to an increasing EER and COP.

Always question the performance curves since these are what is actually
simulated.

--
Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years