Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Infiltration

Sorry that is a text formating problem over my browser:for example it should read (50)^(0.5)...In my origional text the (0.5) was small and risen as was the (0.65). Yes, summing the crack length and dividing by the sum was another typo omission.

In principle I used the formula Q=C*dP^n (Q=flow, C=flow coeff, dP=pressure diff, n=flow exponant) at 50Pa with known flowrate to calculate the flow coefficient. I assumed the flow coefficient will remain the same when I used the same formula at a dP = 1Pa.

More specifically I was refering to
AirflowNetwork:MultiZone:Component:DetailedOpening,
\min-fields 16
\memo This object specifies the properties of airflow through windows and doors (window, door and
\memo glass door heat transfer subsurfaces) when they are closed or open.
A1 , \field Name
\required-field
\type alpha
\reference SurfaceAirflowLeakageNames
\note Enter a unique name for this object.
N1 , \field Air Mass Flow Coefficient When Opening is Closed
\required-field
\type real
\units kg/s-m
\minimum> 0
\note Defined at 1 Pa per meter of crack length. Enter the coefficient used in the following
\note equation:
\note Mass Flow Rate = Air Mass Flow Coefficient * (dP)^Air Mass Flow Exponent.
\note Used only when opening (window or door) is closed.

N2 , \field Air Mass Flow Exponent When Opening is Closed
\units dimensionless
\type real
\minimum 0.5
\maximum 1.0
\default 0.65
\note Enter the exponent used in the following equation: