Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] CCP climatic cooling potential

Just wanted to add that I think the CCP metric seems problematic to me.  It looks like it's simply summing up the number of "degree days" over the entire year, without differentiating between summer nights, when the "free cooling" would be beneficial, and winter nights, when it would just add to the heating load and not desirable at all.  If you look at the plots, notice that the largest CCPs are in the coldest locations (Moscow, etc.) and smallest in the hotter locations (Athens, etc.).  That seems counter-intuitive to me.  I'd suggest that you take a good look
at the statistics and perhaps improve it (?) by only counting the "degree days"  when the average outdoor temperature is above a certain threshhold, like 18.3 or 15 C.

Joe