[EnergyPlus_Support] trying to do something clever with the plant loops..getting no response

Hi There-

Pretty new to EnergyPlus after a long hiatus.

Have a building that is quite complex.  It is an office building with radiant ceilings, DCV and a DOAS system.

When I ran this system with the ASHRAE 90.1 standard plant, I had no issues.  Everything worked quite well and things seemed to behave.

I manually switched out this central plant (by modifying the idf by hand) and replaced it with Ground Source Heat Pumps attached to a condenser loop.

What I think I've done right...
I have two Heat Pump Systems, one for heating and one for cooling.  Setpoint managers on the Supply outlet side of each of these, with a pump on them.  The Plant Loops are primary Secondary so I've got the Common Pipe Simulation set to common pipe (since the demand side also has a pump on it).  The connectors and mixers (I think, though I don't know if there are some hard rules to follow) appear to be set up correctly.

It gets interesting at the supply side of the Condenser Loop.  This ground source system is actually a very stable open groundwater loop.  So instead of modeling a ground source heat exchanger, we've tried to create a condenser loop that has Purchased Heat and Purchased Cooling to maintain a dual setpoint band on the condenser.  We have set DualSetpoint setpoint manager on the condenser loop, with a narrow deadband at the low and high end (because the groundwater is so stable).  The idea we had was that the purchased cooling and purchased heating would add energy to the condenser loop any time the temperatures go too low or high.

When I run the model, all of the devices on the demand side receive flow (except the cooling coils, but this might be because of the heat recovery device and the high leaving air temperature).  But the building consumes no heating energy or cooling energy.  The report summary table .csv file shows no energy is used in either.

I am running version 7.1 because this is an old project and I don't want to mess with the results too much.

Any thoughts on this complex question?