Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Sizing of equipment with AFN

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

On 02.05.2013, at 16:11, Lixing Gu <gu@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The answer to Jean's question is Yes. The infiltration rates calculated
using the AirflowNetwork model are used in sizing calculation as a part of
zone loads.

Thanks.

Lixing

-----Original Message-----
From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of M�¡rio
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 5:47 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Sizing of equipment with AFN

Hi,

Not 100% sure but for the sizing calculation the infiltration is set to a
fixed value.

MN

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jean marais" <jeannieboef@...>
wrote:

> Dear Group,
> My memory is not that good, so if this was discussed before, I appoligize.
>
> If my model describes an AFN infiltration, does the sizing calculation use
the AFN or should I provide a simple infiltration object in leu that may be
used for sizing (as the simple infiltration objects are then later ignored
if an AFN is detected in the simulation proper)?

> Kind regards,
> Jean

Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to
energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a
high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
Documentation link and press the "search" button.